About The Role
At AO Business, we’re learning more and more about our business every day, and we are looking for someone to lead the charge in the field of business change.
As a business we’re on an ambitious journey, tearing up the rule book on B2B commerce, and doing things the AO Way. We need equally ambitious people to join our quest and grow with the business, unafraid to take bold steps and make smart decisions!
Working closely with teams across the group, we need you to take the lead on the delivery of key projects and operational initiatives, from initial analysis and requirement documentation, to a structured and successful rollout.
Our ideal candidate should be passionately invested in their projects, to the level where they’re comfortable donning the ‘Project Manager’ cape when required.
Projects will range from internal IT improvements and bespoke software applications, to helping launch entirely new business ventures from the ground up!
This will require you to leverage not only your own skills, but those of the wider AO family, including AO Tech, Commercial & Ops.
We’re looking for someone who’s inquisitive by nature, works in a controlled and organised way, is adaptable to new challenges and is passionate about identifying and presenting the most efficient solutions.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
- Invest quality time with stakeholders to understand the needs of the business from the people who know it best!
* Produce detailed and accurate process and requirements documentation.
* Provide regular updates to stakeholders on a wide range of business areas, both verbally and in written formats.
* Work closely with AO Tech and other group functions to drive long-lasting change through projects and development.
* Act as an advisor to the wider team, offering the benefit of your experience as required.
* Provide support during the implementation and roll out of business change to those most impacted by it.
* Work with the Commercial teams to analyse the impact of the changes that you have implemented
* Continuous improvement is it important to us. You will be on constant lookout for ways in which we can improve both our processes and our systems.
A Few Things About You
- A degree within a relevant field (min 2.1 preferable) / Relevant equivalent qualifications.
* Minimum 2 years’ Project management experience, preferably with knowledge / experience of Agile practices.
* Operational experience desirable but not essential.
* Good-to-strong knowledge of MS Office packages inc. Visio & Excel.
* Experience of using CRM systems such as Salesforce is desirable but not essential.
* Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
* Methodical and analytical approach to work.
* Able to keep a clear head when handling pressured situations.
* Excellent attention to detail, whilst also able to appreciate the bigger picture.
* Results driven and ambitious.
* Able to take ownership of work produced and drive E2E business.
* Willing to do whatever it takes to get the job done!
The difference with us is that our values mirror every single one of our people. We haven’t made them up; they’re who we are and what we absolutely believe in, and you will need them too!
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling.
When it comes to appliances and electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines? Yep. TVs? Check. Laptops? Absolutely. Everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We’re passionate, relentless and full of beans, determined to make a difference and change the world for the better. From massive changes to tiny tweaks - making a difference is what keeps us driven.It started at a pub in Bolton with a £1 bet and a belief that things could be done better!
Why Choose AO?
Our people are our superpower, and that’s no accident. We’re looking for everyday heroes who want to learn and help other people achieve. Those glass-half-full-types who have an appetite for a better tomorrow.
With AO, the sky’s the limit. We’ll support you to be the best version of yourself and always drive your career forward.We keep things simple. We say things like "treat every customer like they’re your gran" and "make decisions your mum would be proud of" because we’re personal and act with integrity - every day in every action.
We’ve designed our benefits to cover everything from big moments to little helps. As well all as the essentials, like pensions and holidays, we’ve got our own "AO Perks" to help you with the little things that matter.
To see all our benefits and perks, visit our AO Benefits page.
• 25 days holiday (Excluding Bank Holidays)
• At least 5% contribution pension scheme*• Dedicated wellness initiatives that support your wellbeing, ranging from our 24hr employee assistance programme to subsidised gym membership.