About The Role
Are you an experienced Enterprise Architect with a technical vision and second-to-none planning skills?
We’re looking for someone who has proven experience in setting technology strategy, building consensus, and coordinating architecture design ideally in the retail logistics or e-commerce sectors.
This role is key in structuring the organisation’s Enterprise Architecture approach, architecture governance and alignment between business and IT.
Here's What You Can Expect To Be Doing
You’ll be influential in architecture strategy definition, architecture delivery and provide architecture management and governance where necessary, having experience in developing enterprise-level models and other artefacts.
Advising on Architecture tool choices and application, you’ll balance long-term strategy and short-term goals whilst providing insight into industry trends and current technological standards and best practice.
You’ll build consensus across stakeholder groups including leadership and individual contributors, ensuring the logical and systematic conversion of business requirements into target architecture.
A Few Things About You
- You’ve got strong enterprise architecture experience with the situational analysis and decision-making abilities to match.
- With strong communication skills, you’ve got the ability to successfully communicate with technical and non-technical personnel and can initiate discussion and influence outcomes.
- You’ve got experience using model-based representations that can be adjusted as required to collect, aggregate or disaggregate complex and conflicting information about the business, information and IT systems and infrastructure.
- You can visualize and create high-level models that can be used in future analysis to extend and mature the enterprise architecture.
A Bit About Us
At AO, we want to make sure our customers are happy. When they have a smile on their face, we know we’ve done a good job. It’s at the heart of everything we do, and it’s why our logo is always smiling. When it comes to electricals, we’ve got the lot. Washing machines, TVs, everything except doorbells (just kidding, we’ve got those too).
We want to change the world for the better. We treat every customer like they’re our gran and make decisions our mum’s would be proud of. We build diverse and inclusive teams and we value each and every person’s contribution. This allows us to better represent our customers and the communities we serve.
Why Choose AO?
- Finding a work/life balance is key so our core hours are 10-4pm. For most roles, you can split your time working from home, the office, or a coffee shop if that’s where you thrive the most.
- We also offer 25 days holiday (excluding bank holidays). You can take up to 5 days out of the business a year to learn or pursue qualifications and we’ll cover the cost.
- Our Share Save scheme and a bonus pay-out for every AOer if we smash our targets by March 2025. Plus, we’ll help look after the future you with our pension scheme, with our contributions starting from at least 5%.
- We’ve set up a Simply Health cash plan, which can help you save towards both medical and dental care. We also have loads of dedicated wellness initiatives to keep your mind, body and spirit in tip-top shape